Saturday, April 18, 2015

Spring 2015

It has been almost a month since I have posted any pictures.  The beginning of April, finally brought use some relief from the snow with warmer temperatures, rain and fog.

 On April 4, 2015 I was out for a drive in one of the local parks and noticed this huge bird mingling with the ducks .  I really was not sure what it was and as I got closer, it raised its head.  At that point I realized it was an eagle and just stopped the car.  Due to the weather, I had to handhold the camera with the telephoto lens and try to get the picture from the car.  The bird tried to take off a couple of times with its catch, but could not get airborne.






What amazed me is that the remaining ducks with still swimming around no more than 10-15 feet away



The following Saturday, April 11, 2015, Kyle and I went for a trip down the coast with my parents

 
 One thing I love to capture on film is moving water.  In order to get the picture that I wanted, I had to handhold the camera and used two circular polarizing filters to get a 1 second exposure in bright sunlight.

3 comments:

LilliStJohn said...

Aaaah, such is life in the Maritimes. Lovely photos Geoff and extraordinary catch with the Eagle. lol Lilly

Lois said...

Beautiful flowing water image, and an amazing capture of the eagle.

Anonymous said...

Don't know how I've missed your posts but I must say your eagle shots are wonderful!